Cinnamon Buckwheat Breakfast Bowls
Buckwheat Groats are gluten free power food. It is a highly nourishing, energizing and tasty food that can be eaten instead of rice or the usual porridge, and a cozy alternative to cereal.
Yield: Serving 2
- Prep time:5 min
- Cook time:15 min
- Total time: 20 min
- 1 cup buckwheat groats rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup almond milk or other milk or choice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- sliced fruit to serve
- honey to serve
- In a small pot, add rinsed buckwheat groats, water, almond milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let it steam, covered, for an additional 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and portion into bowls. Top with sliced fruit, a splash more milk, and a drizzle of honey, if desired.
Note: Recipe Inspired from breakfastfordinner